Friday, April 20, 2012

Welcome To FARFFIT - A New Resource For Students of Instructional Design, Instructional Technology and Educational Media.

Hello,
May name is James R. Stewart Jr. and I pursuing a masters of science in instructional technology at North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University in Greensboro, NC.

According to many sources including U.S. News and Report Magazine, instructional technology and related fields are among some of the fastest growing fields in the United States.  Despite this trend and the demand for candidates with a master's degree, financial aid is seemingly scarce.  This blogger has many experiences with peers who were told that either there were no scholarships for graduate students or that they were scarce.  I have even encountered fellow graduate students who did not know the first thing about getting a scholarship.  Even with a full time job, a fellowship or an assistantship, there is a tendency to rely on loans to pay for your training and education.  

If your goal is to become

  • an instructional systems analyst, 
  • an educational game designer
  • an instructional technologist
  •  a curriculum consultant
  • educational trainer
OR anything related to instructional media or technology, then this blog will be a new home for those seeking financial aid they do NOT have to repay.

As a recipient of 5 educational awards I would like to hear about IT student's experiences with paying for college.  For now I am focusing on fellow students at North Carolina A&T.  As I hear more I will post some of the hidden resources that I have uncovered while seeking financial aid.    If you respond, give your name (or web ID), any financial aid experiences and your goals for instructional technology.

6 comments:

  1. This is a great idea for students wanting to enter the IT realm. Any helpful financial assistance is and will be greatly appreciated due to the economic times that we are currently in as a nation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You For your comments. I will try to use to blog to help may ITs. Please check every Tuesday and Thursday from now on.

      Delete
  2. I am not a student at A&T but I am still interested in learning more about the hidden resources available to assist me with my grad education program. I would love to find other resources that will help me reduce my student loans.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bbop,

      It's great having you on board. Keep checking out this blog every Tuesday and Thursday from now on.

      Delete
  3. Thank you for some information on seeking scholarships. I will look into some of the organizations you referred!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad that this blog has been helpful. Your blog is excellent as well. I believe that graduate schools should have adequate web resources for students seeking financial aid and employment.

      Delete